[Neurodebian-devel] OpenSesame 0.27

Sebastiaan Mathôt s.mathot at cogsci.nl
Thu Feb 14 08:59:01 UTC 2013

Hi Yaroslav,

Great, thanks for uploading so quickly!

On 02/13/2013 06:43 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> now primarily due to
>
> 23      opensesame-0.27.1/resources/templates/eco_alt_template.opensesame.tar.gz
>
> I wonder -- are those intended to be compatible across versions of opensesame?
>
> If so -- it might make sense to split them out (eventually) into a separate
> source/binary package  so we would not need to upload another 30MB of source
> tarball with only 5k changes in 2M of code ;)
Yes, they are intended to be compatible, so splitting them up into a
separate package might make sense.
> also -- if code stabilizes that much that no new releases come out --
> "templates" experiments could be extended/released independently
>
> just an idea ;-)
>
> 2. TESTS
>
> I do not recall if we talked about it:  it would be great if there were at
> least some (unit)tests ran during package build time to verify correct
> operation of opensesame on the target platform.  I see there is some
> examples/test_suite.opensesame -- do you think it could be a start?
I've thought about this as well, but I'm not sure how to implement
unittest that do anything meaningful. Virtually all bugs are user
interface issues, which are hard to test anyway, and the tree of all
possible interactions is extremely large. The test suite that you are
referring too only tests some timing aspects (it's quite outdated,
actually), it's not really like a pass or fail unittest.
> meanwhile -- building the packages... Debian NEW queue is stuck unfortunately
> so I will not even bother uploading to Debian proper until it gets
> reviewed/accepted/rejected.  I will upload to NeuroDebian if no other
> obstacles
Thanks!

Sebastiaan

--