[Neurodebian-devel] python-expyriment uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Tue Mar 4 14:01:38 UTC 2014

Hi Oliver,

Great to hear from you with expyriment source package.

We would be happy to review/sponsor it ... quick feedback to get the
ball rolling:

1. There seemed to be a slight hiccup with uploads
$ dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-expyriment/python-expyriment_0.7.0-2.dsc
dget: retrieving http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-expyriment/python-expyriment_0.7.0-2.dsc
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1454  100  1454    0     0   7005      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14116
dget: retrieving http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-expyriment/python-expyriment_0.7.0.orig.tar.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 1995k  100 1995k    0     0   894k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  938k
dget: retrieving http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-expyriment/python-expyriment_0.7.0-2.diff.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1219  100  1219    0     0   5868      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11834
python-expyriment_0.7.0-2.dsc:
      Good signature found
   validating python-expyriment_0.7.0.orig.tar.gz
dscverify: invalid file length for python-expyriment_0.7.0.orig.tar.gz (wanted 2045454 got 2042893)
   validating python-expyriment_0.7.0-2.diff.gz
Validation FAILED!!

could you please verify that correct "version" reaches mentors?

2. Ideally all previous debian versions which haven't reached Debian proper
would be marked as UNRELEASED (not unstable).

3. there should be no pre-generated documentation under documentation/ --
only sphinx sources, and the rest built at package build time

4.  I would recomment to use 3.0 (quilt) source format, which would have
.debian.tar.gz instead of .diff.gz , e.g.

(git)novo:~exppsy/pandas[debian]
$> cat debian/source/format
3.0 (quilt)

5. debian/copyright

checkout the current  standard for it -- tiny changes needed:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0

6. ./documentation/sphinx/Testsuite.rst describes present tests... it would be
really nice if some of those (testing presence of fonts etc) sensible to run
under xvfb were excercised.  I have done the same for psychopy and
psychtoolbox-3.   you could check those packages for xvfb setup/dependencies to add.

7. it would be really nice if you could have followed
http://neuro.debian.net/blog/2012/2012-04-14_ndtools.html
and tested package building across multiple debian/ubuntu releases.

8. debian/control -- no need for "A " in short description -- it is assumed ;)

also "open-source and platform independent" another not needed -- if it
is in Debian, it is open-source,  platform independent - since you are on
Debian already, it is kinda irrelevant

also if you could provide Vcs- fields -- would be nice

Cheers!

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org