[Neurodebian-users] anyone from ...intra.cea.fr ?

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Jan 2 18:54:57 UTC 2012

Hi Yaroslav,

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 11:43 -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> BTW Yury (I have forgotten if I buzzed you about this) -- I have added a
> section on popcon to the main page
> http://neuro.debian.net/#popularity-contest
> with 2 liner to enable separate submissions across cloned boxes.

Nope, you didn't, thanks for the heads up. Still, it's not exactly clear
to me what's the most hassle-free way for me of doing it.

See, I take the normal standard Ubuntu ISO images as a basis for my live
media. Then I add packages, change defaults, install stuff from source,
add documentation and papers etc.

Finally, I create a live media using the Startup Disk Creator and write
it to the master USB stick. When that's done, I can boot the master
stick, change more things if needed and then connect dozens of virgin
sticks to chained USB hubs to start dd'ing the master image across all
of them.

The problem here is that it will take a lot of extra effort to perform
some operations across all of the sticks once the cloning is done (last
time, I think we produced a hundred of them or so...). Running something
upon first boot is also tricky...

Hope you see the problem more clearly now,

Happy new year!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev