[newmaint-site] Announcement for contributors.debian.org ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Mon Sep 30 11:16:21 UTC 2013

Hi.

Just arrived to the list. Sorry if I missed some of the events since the
Debconf (and obviously what was discussed there off the recordings, as I
wasn't there physically), and for not catching up earlier.

I'm wondering if the contributors.debian.org effort has been publicized
/ announced enough on Debian lists. Unless I'm mistaken, I can't seem to
find anything on -devel or -project, for instance.

I'm also a bit unclear about the current ongoing efforts : is the
nm.debian.org and contributors.debian.org meant to be the same app some
day ? Is there any coordination with the PTS rewrite (also Django based)
?

While it's OK if volunteers organize themselves to work on improving our
infrastructure (doocracy, etc.), and btw congrats for the good work
;-)... I'm a bit afraid interested parties may be a bit neglected if no
one does promote the ongoing efforts...

Anyway, end of the rant for my first post.

Now, to try and be really helpful, I'd like to try and help maybe in
working on integrating some WebID support [0] and evaluating its use in
order to provide some integration mechanism for various identities of
people around Debian, which could be helpful, I think, in the context of
contributors/nm/etc. For instance, I'm both obergix and olberger-guest,
so a WebID profile I manage could help me inter-relate these two logins
under the same contributor profile. Of course, WebID being based on RDF,
I guess this could be helpful to bring in some semantic interoperability.

I've started playing a bit on Django for some feature (RDF views) of the
PTS rewrite [1], so I hope I can again learn something along the way
(Python <3).

Sorry for the kinda rude introduction of mine, and hope this is
constructive, still.

Looking forward to contributing to contributors somehow ;)

Best regards,

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/WebIDDebianNet
[1] https://trello.com/c/4v0AlQse/37-rdf-description-of-a-package
--