[Nonfree-discuss] Processed: A couple of new packages, other updates

non-free tracking system nonfree-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
Mon Nov 7 05:56:08 UTC 2005

> # [The previous mail got cut off.]
> # Upstream has permission to use the GPL'd code in 1.42
> resolution xsnow =
> .
Setting resolution for `xsnow':
Resolution was: Can't be upgraded to 1.42 because of GPL violation. See #250689.
Resolution set to:

> # mips64emul changed its name because it can emulate more than mips now
> replacements spim = gxemul
Setting replacements for `spim':
Replacements were: `mips64emul'
Replacements set to `gxemul'

> # Looks like vmips development has stopped or is really slow,
> # so it's probably a bad idea to replace spim with that.
> resolution spim =
> gxemul can do what spim does, does it a lot better, and does a lot
> more. Should ask the spim maintainer if spim is needed anymore.
> .
Setting resolution for `spim':
Resolution was: <a href="http://www.dgate.org/vmips/">vmips</a>
 (<a href="http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nonfree-discuss/2004-April/000004.html">complete replacement</a>);
 complete mips systems and is more capable than spim.
Resolution set to: gxemul can do what spim does, does it a lot better, and does a lot
 more. Should ask the spim maintainer if spim is needed anymore.

> # unrar-free was renamed
> replacements unrar-nonfree = unrar-free
Setting replacements for `unrar-nonfree':
Replacements were: `unrar'
Replacements set to `unrar-free'

> reason slime =
> One source code file has a non-free license and some files lack
> licenses. The maintainer seems to be working on fixing this.
> .
Setting reason for `slime':
Reason was:
Reason set to: One source code file has a non-free license and some files lack
 licenses. The maintainer seems to be working on fixing this.

> reason autobook = Open Publication License  Draft v0.4.
Setting reason for `autobook':
Reason was:
Reason set to: Open Publication License Draft v0.4.

> reason blockade =
> Mostly public domain. Some parts are under DFSG-free licenses.
> The game levels and maybe some other game data seems to be
> copyrighted by Christer Ericson. Upstream's permission to use
> that data does not seem to include making changes, etc.
> .
Setting reason for `blockade':
Reason was:
Reason set to: Mostly public domain. Some parts are under DFSG-free licenses.
 The game levels and maybe some other game data seems to be
 copyrighted by Christer Ericson. Upstream's permission to use
 that data does not seem to include making changes, etc.

> resolution blockade =
> Someone should ask Christer Ericson for a DFSG-free license for
> the game data.
> .
Setting resolution for `blockade':
Resolution was:
Resolution set to: Someone should ask Christer Ericson for a DFSG-free license for
 the game data.

> reason digikam-doc = GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.
Setting reason for `digikam-doc':
Reason was:
Reason set to: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.

> reason digikamimageplugins-doc =
> GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.
> .
Setting reason for `digikamimageplugins-doc':
Reason was:
Reason set to: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.

> reason imview-doc = GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.
Setting reason for `imview-doc':
Reason was:
Reason set to: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1 or later.

> reason icc-profiles =
> A bunch of binary files, the source code might be missing depending
> on how they are made. The license of PhotoGamutRGB.icc is either
> public domain (according to their website) or Creative Commons
> Attribution.NoDerivs 2.5 (according to debian/control). The other
> files have varying licenses requiring things like not charging for
> them, not modifying them, limitations on use, etc.
> .
Setting reason for `icc-profiles':
Reason was:
Reason set to: A bunch of binary files, the source code might be missing depending
 on how they are made. The license of PhotoGamutRGB.icc is either
 public domain (according to their website) or Creative Commons
 Attribution.NoDerivs 2.5 (according to debian/control). The other
 files have varying licenses requiring things like not charging for
 them, not modifying them, limitations on use, etc.

> reason ksocrat-data =
> The license is non-transferable and does not even permit
> redistribution. There seems to be a vague exception to this
> license: "Dictionary bases are provided by Arsenal Company for
> KSocrat only."
> .
Setting reason for `ksocrat-data':
Reason was:
Reason set to: The license is non-transferable and does not even permit
 redistribution. There seems to be a vague exception to this
 license: "Dictionary bases are provided by Arsenal Company for
 KSocrat only."

> resolution ksocrat-data =
> The permission to distribute the data along with ksocrat is so
> vague that we might not be permitted to distribute ksocrat and
> ksocrat-data in separate packages and repository areas (like we're
> doing now) and we have no idea if the exception is transferable
> (the license isn't). Should ask for removal since it's orphaned.
> .
Setting resolution for `ksocrat-data':
Resolution was:
Resolution set to: The permission to distribute the data along with ksocrat is so
 vague that we might not be permitted to distribute ksocrat and
 ksocrat-data in separate packages and repository areas (like we're
 doing now) and we have no idea if the exception is transferable
 (the license isn't). Should ask for removal since it's orphaned.

> reason m17n-docs = GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.2 or later.
Setting reason for `m17n-docs':
Reason was:
Reason set to: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.2 or later.

> reason php-net-checkip =
> The PHP License, version 2.02. Might be in non-free by mistake.
> Later versions of the PHP License can be used if 2.02 is non-free.
> .
Setting reason for `php-net-checkip':
Reason was:
Reason set to: The PHP License, version 2.02. Might be in non-free by mistake.
 Later versions of the PHP License can be used if 2.02 is non-free.

> resolution php-net-checkip =
> Ask the maintainer why it's in non-free. If need arises, the class
> is trivial to rewrite (all it does is check if a string describes
> an IPv4 address).
> .
Setting resolution for `php-net-checkip':
Resolution was:
Resolution set to: Ask the maintainer why it's in non-free. If need arises, the class
 is trivial to rewrite (all it does is check if a string describes
 an IPv4 address).

> reason swt-pocketpc =
> The source code is under the Common Public License, Version 1.0.
> The package includes a .DLL file without source code that seems
> to be licensed under the Mozilla Public License, Version 1.1,
> which is non-free.
> .
Setting reason for `swt-pocketpc':
Reason was:
Reason set to: The source code is under the Common Public License, Version 1.0.
 The package includes a .DLL file without source code that seems
 to be licensed under the Mozilla Public License, Version 1.1,
 which is non-free.

> reason zd1211-firmware = Binary blobs licensed under the GPL.
Setting reason for `zd1211-firmware':
Reason was:
Reason set to: Binary blobs licensed under the GPL.

> thanks
Stopping processing here.

--
Non-free tracking system control bot