[Nut-upsdev] Re: Help with Fenton model capability table

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Thu Aug 18 14:26:57 UTC 2005

> I am working on a patch for FENTON.H  to support some more ups models,
> I wonder if someone can help with further information,meaning  and
> importance for the following values that are beeing set in the model
> capability table:
>
 > float    lowvolt;
 > float    voltrange;
 > float    chrglow;
 > float    chrgrange;
 > int      lowxfer;
 > int      lownorm;
 > int      highnorm;
 > int      highxfer;

these are a rough translation of the same request I've made to
Michel Bouissou (fentonups contributor):

lowvolt: Voltage for low battery (when on battery).

voltrange: voltage range (when on battery) as lowvolt+voltrange =
Voltage when battery is fully (100%) charged.

chrglow: Voltage for low battery (when online).

chrgrange: range (as above) when we are charging:
chrglow+chrgrange = Voltage of battery when fully charged (100%) when online.

lowxfer: lower AC Voltage to switch on battery

lownorm: "normal" lower AC Voltage Voltage AC (below, the ups boost if available).

hinorm: "normal" higher AC Voltage Voltage AC (below, the ups buck if available).

hixfer: max allowed AC Voltage (beyond, ups switch on battery)

Hope this helps.

Nadav: thanks to check for adding the above info, either in the fenton header
or in the fenton manpage (ie "extending fentonups to support new models")

I'm on week end as of tonight, and won't be available until monday (my
baby 1rst birthday...)

Arnaud