[Nut-upsdev] Re: Driver for Powerware 3105 (USB)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 04:23:07 UTC 2005

On 8/22/05, arnaud.quette at mgeups.com <arnaud.quette at mgeups.com> wrote:

> > Some hints for compiling and running the Powerware USB driver:
> >
> > The driver is not compiled automatically,  run
> >
>  > make bcmxcp_usb
>  > in the "drivers" directory.
>
>  after integration in the mainline, this will be handled by
>  the more general "make usb && make install-usb"

Since Arnaud is on vacation, I went ahead and integrated this. It's in
the Development branch now.

Arnaud: I tested compilation on OS X, and it seems to work (minus the
stuff that requires the Linux kernel HID driver). Let me know if you
want me to back out parts of this patch (I added temporary tags).

> > The driver must be run as root since some USB functions require that.
>
> this is the task of the hotplug scripts.
> Give me back the Vendor and Product ID and I'll add these
> to the scripts/hotplug/libhid.usermap file. Also check the
> README in the same dir.

I merged Wolfgang's changes into the libhid.usermap file as well.

Basically, the only parts of
ftp://ftp.weo1.de/pub/software/nut-drivers-pw-20050821-122000.tgz that
I didn't use directly were the hotplug scripts and the
Makefile.drvbuild.

--
- Charles Lepple