[Nut-upsdev] TrippLite OMNI1000LCD hiddev compatibility

Joel Peshkin joel at peshkin.net
Mon Nov 7 00:17:32 UTC 2005

Hi all:

    I am trying to get a TrippLito OMNI1000LCD working with nut.

    Even with the development branch, I get the following....

upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.1.0
Network UPS Tools: HID UPS driver 0.13 (2.1.0)

Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Detected Tripp Lite  TRIPP LITE UPS
on port /dev/usb/hiddev0
Unhandled event: 0x8400d0 (1)
Unhandled event: 0x840044 (1)
Unhandled event: 0x840045 (0)
Unhandled event: 0x84004b (0)

upsc myups at localhost
battery.charge: 28
battery.chemistry: Unknown
driver.name: hidups
driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb/hiddev0
driver.version: 2.1.0
ups.delay.shutdown: 0
ups.mfr: Unknown
ups.model: Unknown
ups.serial: Unknown
ups.status:

upscmd -l myups at localhost
Instant commands supported on UPS [myups at localhost]:

I would be happy to do some hacking on this.  Any suggestions on where
to start?

Regards,

Joel Peshkin