[Nut-upsdev] TrippLite OMNI1000LCD hiddev

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Nov 7 22:19:54 UTC 2005

Joel Peshkin wrote:

> This is looking a lot more like it...
>
> With the 2 source changes (buffer length) and forcing the driver and
> upsd to both remain running as root, I get this...  [I suspect that
> this is because the rest of the code does not know about the
> misleading length field]

No, the missing fields are because your device was not yet supported
(the -x generic option can connect to any device, but only gives debug
info and no useful support).

I have just committed into the Development branch some rudimentary
support for your device. Please try it out. You still need to make the
2 changes to the source code regarding the buffer length (I am
hesitant to make these changes permanent before we have not tried how
they might affect other devices).

I have mapped some of the variables whose behavior was fairly clear.
However, I left many of the variables unmapped or mapped them to
dummys.  Please look at the file docs/new-names.txt, and experiment
with the UPS, to find out the mappings for as many variables and
instant commands as possible. There are some fairly important ones
still missing: I am not sure if load.off and shutdown.return,
shutdown.stop will work, I have not mapped load.on, and I am not sure
how to read a "Low Battery" status from this UPS (essential for
upsmon). Your experiments will be needed.

Thanks, -- Peter