[Nut-upsdev] telling apart USB devices

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Nov 9 03:52:18 UTC 2005

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> 2005/11/8, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> >
> > (2) If I start the driver with:
> > upsdrvctl start mgeusb
> >
> > then /var/state/ups shows the following socket and PID file:
> > srw-rw---- 1 root root 0 Nov 7 23:53 newhidups-auto
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6 Nov 7 23:53 newhidups-auto.pid
>
> I've just retested here, and everything's fine.

Yes indeed. My mistake. I did "make clean" and "make" and "make usb"
and "make install", but I forgot the #$% "make install-usb".

This gets me every time. As USB devices are now definitely becoming
more and more common, perhaps the build system can be changed to build
and install USB drivers by default?

Sorry for the false bug report. -- Peter