[Nut-upsdev] bcmxcp_usb / kernel 2.4.32-rc2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:43:55 UTC 2005

On 11/5/05, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at telia.com> wrote:
> Hi Kalle.
>
> Yes this is normal ;-( The usblib that is used for the bcmxcp-usb driver
> use interrupt endpoints, and this is not normal with the 2.4 usblib.
>
> The usblib used with 2.4 is only able to do bulk-transfer and is not
> usable with the bcmxcp-usb driver. You may find some patch for this
> as i know something going on. But you have to search the net for
> libusb and 2.4 kernal and interrupt endpoint.

my understanding of the 2.4 interrupt issue was that it only affected
low-speed devices, and the workaround was to simply try the interrupt
transfer, and fall back to bulk transfers if that produced an error.

Technically, bulk transfers are not allowed at low-speed, but I
believe the 2.4 kernels translate bulk transfers to interrupt
transfers.

--
- Charles Lepple