[Nut-upsdev] Powerware 9125 - bcmxcp - shutdown problem

Axel Bergerhoff axelbergerhoff at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 11 16:34:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

just through setting up nut-2.0.2 I ran into a shutdown problem. As I have
already spend some time on it and don't know any further, I like to ask for
advice.

Situation:
Powerware 9125 serially connected using /dev/cua0
nut compiled and installed fine
system shall
- broadcast a message and shut down if ups on battery for 30+ s
- wait 120 s
- broadcast another message
- give system 120 s to shut down, then power off

bcmxcp
is running as /usr/bin/bcmxcp -a PW9125 with
ups.conf
[PW9125]
driver = bcmxcp
port = /dev/cua0
shutdown_delay = 120
desc = "tfp-8"

upsd and upsmon are running, too

upssched is used and works fine, e.g.
  AT ONBATT    *  START-TIMER  a-onbat    30
  AT ONBATT    *  START-TIMER  a-onbat2   120
do alright

Problem:
When shutting down, shutdown_delay is not recognized, system is powered off
immediately as soon as upsdrvctl shutdown is executed. upsc reports
shutdown_delay as set.

As described in the man page bcmxcp.8, a delay of 120 s should be expected,
giving the system enough time to clean up.

This is my first installation of nut, so I cannot be sure having done
everything right.
Not knowing what to touch next I appreciate any help.

Axel