[Nut-upsdev] Re: TrippLite Omni1000LCD [Was: Belkin UPS software]

Dean Gibson (System Administrator) ups at ultimeth.com
Sat Nov 26 17:27:57 UTC 2005

On 2005-11-26 08:34, Peter Selinger wrote:
> You will have no such problems when compiling NUT directly from sources. Myself, I am still using RedHat 9 (but with an upgraded 2.6 kernel).
>
> -- Peter

Do I need the 2.6 kernel in order to test the NUT USB driver?  This is
the reason I haven't upgraded from FC1 before.  I tried FC3 (w/ a 2.6
kernel) on a spare EXT3 partition on a test machine, and it created a
partition that FC1 (w/ a 2.4 kernel) couldn't read (any access through a
soft link on the new partition gave an IO error).  I searched the web at
the time and found no such incompatibility advertised.  Until I'm happy
with FC3 or FC4, I'd like to be able to switch back and forth to FC1
while using a common EXT2/3 data partition, and a file system
incompatibility makes that difficult.

I was planning on compiling NUT anyway, but I was trying to get an RPM
that installed so that I made sure I got any auxiliary files (like the
one that goes in /etc/init.d).  If installing the version of NUT (1.4, I
believe) that comes with FC1 provides those files, then that will do, I
guess.

-- Dean