[Nut-upsdev] Liebert ESP-II protocol

Joe Krahn krahn at niehs.nih.gov
Mon Oct 17 19:15:28 UTC 2005

I see there has been some Liebert work here recently. I have a Liebert
UPS that has no USB, just RS-232. I reverse engineered the ESP-II
protocol, at least as far as normal MultiLink monitoring goes, which was
pretty simple. The protocol provides a table of parameter types and
index ranges. So, I can read and (if I dare) write the parameter tables.

We might be able to share info between serial/USB to help figure things
out. The nice thing about serial is that I can hook up a null-modem
loop, feed values to MultiLink, and see how it replies.

Joe Krahn