[Nut-upsdev] Re: about [ #302111 ] newhidups support for Belkin

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:34:29 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> if a user wants to specify a specific device, they can e.g. use my new
> regex mechanism.

I haven't had a chance to look at this mechanism, but it sounds cool.

Windows actually has a string-based way of matching devices - it looks
like an URL-encoded string of VID, PID, class, etc. I'll try and send
more info when I get home. The reason why this matters is that we
could have a script that parses peoples' .inf files and converts it to
your matching scheme.

--
- Charles Lepple