[Nut-upsdev] Re: [resend] [patch] driver for Eltek AL175 alarm module

Kirill Smelkov kirr at mns.spb.ru
Wed Sep 21 12:11:52 UTC 2005

Hi Arnaud,
Thank you for your reply!

20 Сентябрь 2005 18:27, Arnaud Quette написал:
[...]
> there are some things that need to be reworked:
>
> * variables:
> (see http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/new-names.html)
> all the below vars are non standard. what do you put in all of these?
> thanks to detail back, as in new names.
>
> - load.fuse
> - battery.fuse
> - symalarm.fuse
> - battery.contactor
> - load.contactor
> - lvd.contactor
See below...

> * load.current: this var doesn't exist! If it's the output current, then
> the right var is output.current. <http://driver.name>
done

> * driver.name <http://driver.name> is already published by the core
> (main.c), so you can remove it.
done

> * you should use the internal xmalloc() function
done. do you have any objections againts raw_alloca?

> * please send your diff in unified format (diff -Nru orig.tree
> modified.tree )
I'll try :)
Personally i use quilt to manage my patches. The one i've sent you is in its
native format...

> * the driver's manpage is missing (al175.8)
done

> More generally, please read the following to ensure you comply with NUT
> standard for coding, variables names, ... :
> http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/developers.html
> http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/new-drivers.html
> http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.0.1/new-names.html
Ugh...
I changed some things, like   sprintf -> snprintf,  exit -> fatal, etc...
Is it ok now?

> Please, correct the above, and discuss on upsdev the variables problem...
As to new variables:
Is it possible to comment or not include at all code that sets them?

I don't use them, and AL175 docs are very unclear about what they are for.
I suppose load.fuse indicates whether fuse connected to load is ok or not.

Anyhow, there are a lot more functionality in AL175 that is not supported by
my code, so i think that just dropping support for mentioned variables is ok
for now.

> Thanks for your contribution,
Thank you & your team for NUT.

--