[Nut-upsdev] Liebert PSI 1440 support

Stewart Morgan stewart at nameless-uk.com
Sat Sep 24 18:00:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

Peter Selinger wrote:
> Have you run the driver as root? (-u root). This is often required to
> get the manufacturer/product/serial number.

	Yes, I did try this, but with the same results :(  I did note that, as
well as a ugen0 device, I have a ugen0.1 -- as a stab in the dark, is it
possible that the correct end-point isn't being examined?

> If you just want to read raw information from your device, you can use
> the program "get_descriptor.c" that I posted on the mailing list on
> Aug 30:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-August/000088.html
>
> This might be a good start just to see if it's connected correctly,
> and if you can post a report descriptor (descriptor 0x22), that would
> reveal much of the relevant information for getting a driver to work.

	Thanks, I was looking for something like this :)  I have downloaded it
and will endeavour to give it a go and feedback...

> The CVS version is cleaner than the 2.0.2, but does not differ
> significantly in functionality. -- Peter

	Apart from the addition of Belkin support? :)

Thanks,

Stewart.