[Nut-upsdev] Re: Hardware Compatibility list - HP R3000 XR ups

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Thu Sep 29 19:37:04 UTC 2005

Hi Arnaud and Matthijs.

Patch is in the patch tracker on Alioth. (302281)
File is included for patching the development tag of the cvs.

The patch make it possible to set baud_rate in the config file.
If the baud_rate is set to 9600, it starts to test a communication
to the ups. If it succseed it start up. If it fail it run the baud-
hunting routine (1200 - 19200 bps), and tell you the speed it
managed to connect at.

If you leave it out of the config, it default's to baud-hunting.

When you se the speed it connect at. Set it in the config to get a
faster startup. The failcheck in the communication make it
report errors in each baudrate.

It looks like this if i set baud_rate to 4800 on my 9600.
First error is the fail on 4800. Next lines is 1200 2400
4800 then it hitt 9600 and start.

8<--------------------------------------------------------
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.10 (2.1.0)

Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS re-established
Connected to UPS on /dev/ttyS0 baudrate: 9600
Modell = PW5115 500i         500VA
Firmware = 01.04
Shutdown delay =  90 seconds

Regards
Kjell

P.S. Going to include it in the 2.0.3-pre2 also. Send you
a patch later.