[Nut-upsdev] Liebert PowerSure PSA 500

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Sep 26 15:50:31 UTC 2005

Jochen Bern wrote:

> Peter Selinger wrote:
> > have you been able to get your Liebert UPS to work? If I am correct,
> > it should work with the newhidups Belkin subdriver. Could you please
> > post your results? I am curious to know if this works or doesn't - and
> > if yes, we should add permanent support for Liebert into NUT.
>
> I'm sorry, but circumstances (several) beyond my control have forced me
> to put pretty much everything onto the backburner. :-/ I expect to be
> able to get online on an "a day here, a day there" basis for the next
> six weeks, but most of that time'll get eaten up by keeping things
> running generally ...

No problem, take your time, just don't forget to let us know when you
get it to work :)

> I basically had modified the code as instructed when Murphy hit, but
> there seems to still be a snag that needs some debugging to pinpoint:
>
> # nut-2.1.0b/drivers/newhidups -DD -a PowerSure

A common problem is that, even when you run newhidups as the "root"
user, it will actually drop root privileges before opening the USB
device. To prevent it from dropping them, you must give it the "-u
root" option (you can get around this by setting up some hotplugging
magic, but you shouldn't bother with that until the "-u root" option
first works).

-- Peter