[Nut-upsdev] Re: RE nut 2.0 fentonups and Xanto S3000R

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Apr 30 16:52:47 UTC 2006

On 4/29/06, Henning Brauer <henning at openbsd.org> wrote:
> * Arnaud QUETTE <Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com> [2006-04-26 10:18]:
> > you should get in touch with Carlos, who his developing a generic
> > megatec driver

Sorry about not replying earlier, didn't have time to examine the
patch until now.

> since that'll happen who-knows-when I have put these changes in the
> openbsd port in the meantime.
>
> for the record, and the magic new megatec driver:
> -the online-usv.de UPSes have no way to identify themselves
> -they do not respond to "I"
> -thus you need a way to force a model.

That's not a problem for the "megatec" driver. My own UPS doesn't
identify itself either.

> the data for the S3000R is in the patch, I refrained from buying more
> UPSes from them after I saw this divergence in the protocol (well, and
> other stuff). maintaing an inhouse version of the fentonups driver for
> 3 or 4 years (hmm, maybe we even bought these in 2001... anyway) was
> painful enough, so please include this in future versions.

The patch looks like it is only modifying fentonups to accept that
model, without making any other changes (to correct calculations,
etc). Am I wrong?

Then megatec (and powermust on the stable branch, for that matter)
should aready drive that UPS. If it doesn't - check if battery.charge
ever reaches 100% -, care to send me the output from "upsc"? (It can
be the output just using powermust, it doesn't need to be megatec).

--
Carlos Rodrigues