[Nut-upsdev] APC Smart-UPS 1000 RM USB problems with newhidups

Justin Maggard jmaggard10 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:12:50 UTC 2006

I'm trying to use a rackmount Smart-UPS from APC with the USB connector, and
I'm running into some issues.  They seem to stem from the fact that the
Report Descriptor is much larger than any other UPS I've seen (61939 bytes).
  Here is the quick fix that I put in libusb.c after getting the HID
descriptor, and before getting the Report descriptor, which seems to work
okay:
                        if (desc->wDescriptorLength > 4096) {
                                desc->wDescriptorLength = 4096;
                        }
I'm sure there is a better way to handle this.  I'm just wondering if this
is okay to do, and if anyone had a better way to fix it.  Thanks!