[Nut-upsdev] newhidups (2.03-pre2) not working with APC Back-UPS

Charlie Brady charlieb-nut-upsdev at e-smith.com
Mon Feb 6 17:03:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Peter Selinger wrote:

> Charlie Brady wrote:
> >
> > > If this error is reproducible (or reproducible with some probability),
> > > I would like to start debugging it. This might involve me sending you
> > > some code to test. Are you available?
> >
> > Sort of. I'm home with a headcold. Send me the code; I won't make
> > promises, but I'll try to give it a run.
>
> Well, if you're not reproducing the problem, there isn't anything to
> test.

Well I'm not restarting the driver. I saw those messages during driver
shutdown, IIRC.

Running the driver under ltrace led to something interesting:

strcmp("Outlet", "PowerSummary")                                 = -1
strcmp("OutletID", "PowerSummary")                               = -1
strcmp("PowerSummary", "PowerSummary")                           = 0
strchr("RunTimeToEmpty", '.')                                    = NULL
strcmp("APCGeneralCollection", "RunTimeToEmpty")                 = -1
strcmp("APCBattReplaceDate", "RunTimeToEmpty" <unfinished ...>
--- SIGINT (Interrupt) ---
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
[root at test7 ~]#

Please also see my earlier posts about reliability issues. I've had no
response to any of them.

--
Charlie