[Nut-upsdev] Suspend-to-disk & NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:33:23 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> I made good progress today. The problem is not in the (SafeNet) driver,

Have you tried this with other drivers? How about with the dummy driver?

> nor in the communication with the UPS. Even when upsmon keeps on telling
> that the data is stale, the UPS is polled for its status and the result
> is processed.

Right, these are separate processes. I think there is also some
hysteresis in the server, so that you don't oscillate between stale
and good too frequently.

I don't see anything wrong with the log, though... if you pulled the
cable at 21:03:00, and the driver was still reporting failed comms
until 21:03:13, then upsd and upsmon were doing the right thing, given
the data provided by the driver.

In the course of debugging, you may want to do a hex dump of the bytes
that trigger the ser_comm_fail() in safenet_command().

--
- Charles Lepple