[Nut-upsdev] Non Standard USB HID UPS

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:25:08 UTC 2006

2006/1/11, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:

> On 1/11/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> different
> > from the
> > libhid from
> > package
> > >
> > > Arnaud would probably be in a better position to answer this, but I
> > > believe he will be on vacation for another week.
> >
> > configure test (check the one of libusb) + package deps
>
> Note that Pierre-Yves later posted a copy of his driver, which he said
> uses "libhid like tripplite_usb". Technically, that's libHID, not
> libhid :-) So it shouldn't need any more configure tests beyond what
> is there for tripplite_usb and newhidups.

right

Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to go over the code, but it
> hasn't been forgotten.
>
> > Note that the port to libhid should still happen by 2.2...
>
> This is referring to the external libhid which lives at
> http://libhid.alioth.debian.org, not the embedded libhid.

that why I generally use the libHID for the old and nut internal version,
and libhid for the newer / cleaner version... Anyway, we'll soon get rid of
that.

Note that apart from Peter's regex feature for matching devs, his various
improvements are also to be merged. And possibly the usages name/code and
other lookup function, plus the SHUT marshalling...

Arnaud