[Nut-upsdev] newhidups... at last.

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:12:49 UTC 2006

Hi again,

2006/1/13, Patrick Agrain <patrick.agrain at alcatel.fr>:

> At 09:24 13/01/2006, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> >Hi Patrick
> >
> >Happy new year too, and pleased to see the move to newhidups.
> >
> >Your problem sits in the kernel version (2.4.17).
> >To take advantage of the driver unbind feature of newhidups / libusb,
> >which permits to unbind linux hiddev, and to take the hand on the device,
> >you either need to switch to 2.4.22, or to blacklist MGE units in the
> >linuw hid stack...
> >
> >That's why the claiming is failing.
> >I can find back my old patch, or rebuild one for you, so that you can go
> on.
>
> Thank you Arnaud for this hint.
>
> I'm affraid that switching to another kernel version is far far away for
> my
> managers ;-)
> I will blacklist the MGE to avoid the hid driver to be waken up.
>
> If you find again your patch, I will be pleased to get it.

I've quickly taken a look, and I can't find the patch.
So here are some info to do it yourself (from a 2.6 tree, so must be adapted
to 2.4):
* the file to modify is named hid-core.c, and should be in
drivers/usb/input/
* you need to add:
- those defines:
#define USB_VENDOR_ID_MGE              0x0463
#define USB_DEVICE_ID_MGE_UPS          0xffff
#define USB_DEVICE_ID_MGE_UPS1         0x0001
- 2 entries in hid_blacklist:
        { USB_VENDOR_ID_MGE, USB_DEVICE_ID_MGE_UPS, HID_QUIRK_IGNORE },
        { USB_VENDOR_ID_MGE, USB_DEVICE_ID_MGE_UPS1, HID_QUIRK_IGNORE },

And that should be good. Don't hesitate to ping me back if not.

Arnaud