[Nut-upsdev] Suspend-to-disk & NUT (solved?)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Jan 26 19:23:44 UTC 2006

I think I found a fix (workaround?) for the above mentioned problem. To
summarize shortly, upsd lost communication with the (safenet) driver in
case the system wakes up after suspending to disk. Restarting the driver
or upsmon did not help, only a restart of upsd did.

The attached patch will also solve this, although I'm still not really
sure why or whether this will create too much load on the upsd process
by not only signalling the changes in dstate, but every time
dstate_dataok() or dstate_datastale() is called.

Regards,
Arjen