[Nut-upsdev] Setting up 'cervisia'

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:24:48 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> I'm able to use CVS by commandline (ssh keys are uploaded and I no
> longer have to enter a password, so this works too), but since this
> requires a lot of manual intervention, memorizing which files are
> changed and copy-paste actions, I would like to use a GUI here. However,
> it seems like I'm too stupid to configure it.

As a heads-up, Arnaud and I have been discussing switching to
Subversion after 2.0.3-final. Everything is in place, but we didn't
want to do the changeover in the middle of the -pre series. So I
wouldn't spend too much time on Cervisia unless you need it for other
projects.

I'm curious as to what you mean about "memorizing which files are
changed"... if you run 'cvs -n update', you can see which files have
been changed. SVN takes this one step further, and keeps cached copies
of the checked-in files on your machine, so you don't need an active
net connection to see which files are changed, or even doing diffs
against the checked-out revision.

(I confess that I use TortoiseSVN when I get stuck doing Windows
programming, though... please don't think I'm knocking the idea of
using a GUI.)

--
- Charles Lepple