[Nut-upsdev] NUT and Automake

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 04:35:41 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > according to our discussion about the 2.0.5 release (simply a release
> > of the current trunk), it would be better to release 2.0.5 before that
> > merge (and the ones I mentionned before, the new conf and HAL
> > branches...)
> >
> > Arnaud
>
> I agree, but only if the 2.0.5 release happens very soon. The automake
> branch has already been tested and works.  If we continue not to use
> it, then I will have to keep synchronizing it with the trunk, which I
> don't want to do indefinitely.
>
> So let me suggest: I will move the automake feature to the trunk on
> November 30. If 2.0.5 is released before that date, great. If not,
> then automake will be part of 2.0.5.
>
> Does this sound reasonable? -- Peter

Arnaud,

I have to agree with Peter on this. I think the automake changes are
much less intrusive than the new conf file branch*, and probably the
HAL code as well (although I admit I have not had a chance to look at
the latter; if it's just a driver, then it's probably not that big of
a deal).

* Would people expect conf file formats to change between 2.0.4 and
2.0.5? It doesn't seem consistent with our version numbering scheme.
Or did you mean something else?

I don't want to see the automake branch get too far behind, and it's
not exactly fair to expect Peter to keep synchronizing if he is not
delaying the 2.0.5 release himself. Plus, keeping it in a separate
branch makes it less desirable to branch from the trunk to add a new
feature.

--
- Charles Lepple