[Nut-upsdev] Krauler UP-M500VA investigation

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Nov 14 17:58:10 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

the driver you want is newhidups, not hidups. First check if your
device is already supported; this could be so even if it isn't in
data/driver.list (because often vendors just put their name on a UPS
engineered by someone else).

If it's not already supported, have a look at docs/hid-subdrivers.txt.
That file explains several useful concepts, and gives you enough
information to get started. Particularly the output from

drivers/newhidups -DD -u root -x generic -x vendorid=XXXX auto

will be relevant. When the instructions run out, please report back to
the list for more assistance.

-- Peter