[Nut-upsdev] Spurious messages on start

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 21 11:06:06 CET 2006

> I finally understand what the DUMPALL command does. I agree with your
> proposal. It's fine for upsmon sit there and watch the variable list
> slowly get populated, as long as ups.status is present.

I committed this change to the trunk. Do you think we should change the
behaviour of the DUMPALL command in the drivers, to make sure ups.status
is the first that is sent? Otherwise (in case of newhidups for instance)
we might be dumping lots of (irrelevant) data before ups.status is finally
updated. Or would it be better to just ask for ups.status first and then
perform a DUMPALL, so that the order in which the data arrives is no
longer relevant? The first could be accomplished rather easily by putting
ups.status in the root of the tree and changing the order how the tree is
being walked through. Which by the way is a nice side effect of setting
ups.status to "WAIT" after clearing the tree in the server, it will always
be in the root.

Kind regards, Arjen