[Nut-upsdev] NUT and MonAMI (was: apcsmart and ambient data (was: ...))

Paul Millar p.millar at physics.gla.ac.uk
Mon Nov 27 16:41:31 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 13:38, Arnaud QUETTE wrote:
> > I have another NUT client for your client-projects[1] page: MonAMI[2].
[...]
> interesting though I've not had time to investigate more.
> I've just added a new entry on the client projects page.
> Thanks for your work on this point.

No problem :-)

BTW, I've had a spring-clean and the code in CVS (to interface with NUT) is
now much better than in the latest release (v0.6).  We should be releasing a
new version "soon", but if anyone is interested in trying MonAMI, I'd
recommend compiling from CVS or waiting for the next release.  If people
would like, I can announce the new version on this list.

What I hope is a simple question: is it possible to lock-out unauthenticated
logins from asking monitoring questions (i.e. "LIST VAR xxx")?  It wasn't
clear to me from the docs whether LIST VAR xxx will always succeed or whether
one can configure a upsd server so it requires a successful login before
allowing these queries.

Currently, there is no support within the monami NUT plugin to allow people to
log in.  It would be (relatively) straight forward to add this; but if the
information is always available there doesn't seem any point in adding this
extra functionality.

Cheers,

Paul.