[Nut-upsdev] nut on Solaris8 compilation problem

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Dec 1 16:30:28 UTC 2007

> I did some more digging and it appears to work fine on Solaris 10
>
> checking for sys/time.h... yes
> checking for socklen_t... yes
> checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
> checking for uint16_t... no
> checking for u_int16_t... no
> checking for unsigned short... yes
> checking size of unsigned short... 2
> checking for uint16_t replacement... unsigned short
> checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
> checking for uint8_t... no
> checking for u_int8_t... no
> checking for unsigned char... no
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> checking size of unsigned char... 0
> checking for uint8_t replacement...
> configure: error: cannot find a 8 bit integer type to replace uint8_t
>

> So this is something wrong with the way you check the presence of the
> unsigned char on the system.

We probably need to include <sys/types.h> for older versions of Solaris in
this test. Earlier versions are notorious for not following the POSIX
standards in this regard (it should be defined in <stdint.h> and that's
where we look for it). We include both in "common.h", so this shouldn't be
a problem.

> I don't know much about configure tools so any help appreciated.

We can probably fix this, but as Charles already wrote, we'll need your
help here since none of the development crew has access to a Solaris
system as far as we know.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands