[Nut-upsdev] Tripplite OMNI1000LCD Watchdog

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 05:12:35 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 1:36 PM, Thomas Golding <thomasg at worldradiolink.com> wrote:

> Understood. Now that you mention it, this feature is probably implemented
> TOTALLY differently on other brands of UPS, so having it in the Tripplite
> subdriver makes the most sense.

It's in the TrippLite OMNIVS and SmartPro USB models as well, but I
never bothered to implement it in that driver (tripplite_usb, which
was named before we knew about the PDC HID models like the
OMNI1000LCD). Arjen is right - it's a dangerous thing to play with,
but maybe we could have some sort of safety switch (in the driver, or
something) that says "yes, I have read the watchdog documentation, and
I understand the consequences".

For an unattended installation, there are some other features on these
UPSes that might help - somewhere there is a bitfield of actions to
take if certain tests or alarms fail. I haven't had much time to
investigate this myself, and I haven't had access to a PDC HID model,
either.

--
- Charles Lepple