[Nut-upsdev] Tripplite OMNI1000LCD Watchdog

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 12 20:25:23 UTC 2007

Thomas Golding wrote:

> My Apologies,
>
> here's the output of: usbhid-ups -DD -a omni1000lcd

Thanks!

> debug level is '2'
> upsdrv_initups...
> Checking device (09AE/2005) (3/5)
> - VendorID: 09ae
> - ProductID: 2005
> - Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
> - Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
> - Serial Number: 692195 A
> - Bus: 3
> Trying to match device
> Device matches
> Warning: two different HID descriptors retrieved (Reportlen = 459 vs. 618)

Hmmm, this is probably right, but does raise some concern.

> HID descriptor length 618
> Report Descriptor size = 618
> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.2 (experimental)

[...]

> Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 24.000000

This most likely is wrong. See the problems with the AVR 550U we had a
couple of days ago, where reading this string descriptor confuses the
heck out of the UPS, to the point where it just shuts down without
warning. I think we better not read this.

[...]

> Can't retrieve Report 154: Broken pipe
> Size: 32

That's probably OK.

> Can't retrieve Report 49: Value too large for defined data type
> Size: 8

[...]

> Can't retrieve Report 49: Value too large for defined data type
> HIDGetDataValue: Value too large for defined data type
> Can't initialize data from HID UPS

It's not a problem that we can't read this value, we can also use
'UPS.PowerConverter.Input.Voltage' here, so we don't loose anything by
just ignoring this. This seems to be the only

> I'll attempt the quick fix you mentioned so I can test the watchdog stuff.

Good. I patched the version in the trunk too, so you can check that out
as well. If all works, could you run

	upsc <ups>

and post the output here, so that we can check if everything reported by
the UPS is also used?

Best regards, Arjen