[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1204 - in trunk: . drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 31 09:45:24 UTC 2007

[...]

>> Especially #1 probably means a lot of additional work, since there is a
>> wide variety of UPS'es out there and we might need entries for *all* of
>> them. Ouch, that will probably lead to an endless amount of updates for
>> this driver (and lots of work for you).
>
> And we couldn't even do this, because most UPSes implementing the
> megatec protocol provide no information whatsoever about themselves
> (other than the voltage/frequency/load ratings). No vendor info, no
> model info, nothing.

In that case, the only option would be to make this configurable. Oh well...

[...]

> Changing from "input.frequency" to "output.frequency" isn't something
> that I like very much. Besides during a power failure there's still a
> residual reading on input.voltage too... For the time being, it will
> stay like before (input).

You could easily fix the residual voltage though. It doesn't hurt to set
the voltage (or frequency) to '0.0' if you detect that the voltage has
dropped below the residual voltage limit and/or the UPS is indicating that
it is on battery. Appending

    dstate_setinfo("input.voltage", "0.0");
    dstate_setinfo("input.frequency", "0.0");

to the line

    status_set("OB");

is all it takes to mask out these. During the time it takes to run
upsdrv_updateinfo(), the driver will not respond to queries anyway, so you
can set these values multiple times (if needed) without risking that the
intermediate values leak out.

Best regards, Arjen