[Nut-upsdev] eliminating GNU Make features in include/Makefile.am

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:00:00 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 3:52 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Charles,
>
> 2007/12/30, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
[...]
> > Since we do not use the variables on lines 9 and 10 outside the
> > nut_version.h rule below, does anyone have any objections to merging
> > those shell commands into that rule?

Still working on this...

> > I would also like to add some code to gracefully handle the case where
> > svnversion does not exist on the target system, which is related, but
> > still can cause a problem on systems with GNU Make. (This is what
> > creates version numbers like "2.2.0-", with the trailing hyphen.)
>
> perfect. I've never got time to get back on this and find a more
> suitable solution than the big hack that solves the versioning problem
> (previously, a source built on a non C locale system resulted in a
> "2.2.0-" version number...)

I will probably need you, or someone else with the locale set to
non-C, to test this after I get it all fixed.

Revision 1206 fixed something else I discovered around the same time;
committed separately in case someone needs to revert that
independently of the nut_version.h change.

--
- Charles Lepple