[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Thu Feb 1 01:48:28 CET 2007

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:26:09 +0300, Jon Gough <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au> wrote:

> Alexander,
>     I have tried your technique on my system and I am now getting
> partial success. I can issue the Q1 and F commands and get the
> required response back. The I command gives me stuff, but it is too
> short, so I am not sure what I should have here.

Could you, please, post your full output? It'd very interesting for
me.
The "I" request corresponds to the sctring descriptor #12 of my own
UPS. So the driver returns this descriptor.
Your descriptor #12 seems to be incomplete. As I understood from
one of your previous posts full information is spread.

>     Now. Do you know how to issue commands to get the UPS to do
> something, ie battery test ?

Yes, I know. I dumped USB communication between UPS and the Windows
driver. This dump is still not full. I only know that when you
press "Test" button WIndows program retrieves string descriptor #4.
It gets "UPS NO ACK" but there is also a side effect - UPS starts
self-test.
Other commands are performed in a similar way.
I'll get the full dump soon.

This feature is not yet implemented. Only informational requests
work.

--
   Alexander