[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 00:54:34 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, Jon Gough <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au> wrote:
>     As for using the usb_control_msg, the details on using it seem a little obscure. I think you have to read the HID manual and then guess. The online help in the libusb-devel is next to useless, as it does not describe the parameters or their settings. Anyway, if you have the details of how to use this call then can you let me have a copy so that I can better understand it.

Since libusb is just a thin wrapper on the USB "Chapter 9" API, there
is very little that is different from the USB spec itself.

The only non-obvious part for me (after reading the USB specs) was
that the libusb timeouts are in milliseconds.

You can download the spec from here: http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/

HID-specific information is here:
http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/ (although the get/set string
stuff is part of the base USB specification.)

--
- Charles Lepple