[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Tue Feb 6 09:15:24 CET 2007

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 01:27:11 +0300, Alexander I. Gordeev <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su> wrote:

>>     It does not matter which version we use as both work for me,
>> now. We just need to implement a few more commands into your code,
>> if we use that, and work out how to implement the code that sends
>> want to implement the TL, C and  CT commands, but I whilst I can see
>> the reaction to these it is a little difficult to work out the code to use.
>
> I'll try to figure it out. usbsnoop will help me :)

As I promised, I've tried usbsnoop on the Windows driver last weekend.
This is the updated list of _string_ descriptors (type = 3) to use:

0x3	Q1
0x4	T
0x5	TL
0x6	T<n>	(don't know how to pass the parameter)
0x7	Q
0xb	CT
0xc	I
0xd	F
0x68 and 0x69 both cause shutdown after an undefined interval :)

These are results of reverse-engineering, my own UPS doesn't
perform all things right. For example, T* commands make it doing
test but only for 1-2 seconds. Shutdown time varies from 17 to 40
seconds.

I've solved also the majority of problems I had earlier, I'll write
about these issues a bit later, since the solutions could vary.

--
   Alexander