[Nut-upsdev] Using USB CyberPower CPL550SL / AE550,

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:09:47 CET 2007

On 2/7/07, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>   How can I get my system to boot up and load the driver correctly?  I
> rebooted it when I got home this evening and the UPS device moved to this
> spot: /dev/bus/usb/002/002 which wouldn't be a big deal, except the
> permissions changed back to root:plugdev.  When I load upsdrvctl it can't
> connect because of the permissions.
>
> Anyway, how can I go about finding the correct ups usb device in /dev and
> changing the permissions of it during boot (before upsdrvctl gets issued)??
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, see Peter's email from yesterday:

[...]

Most modern Linux systems have switched to udev now, so please follow
the directions in scripts/hotplug-ng (2.0.5) or scripts/udev (SVN).

After you install that file, the easiest way to test is to unplug and
replug the USB cable for your UPS, and check the permissions.

If you have trouble getting that to work, be sure to mention what
distribution of Linux you are using, and what version. (It can get
confusing remembering who is running what, and on which machine.)

--
- Charles Lepple