[Nut-upsdev] automatically installing udev rules?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:42:59 CET 2007

2007/2/10, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> On 2/10/07, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> > I think it makes sense to install one (or both) types of files (by
> > default), regardless of whether the udev binary is found, just in case
> > the corresponding directories exist. For example, we also install CGI
> > files without probing for a web server.
>
> right.
>
> > The number prefix (or perhaps the entire filename?) could be made
> > separately configurable. I'm not sure how important that prefix
> > is. Wouldn't basically any number work?
>
> Apparently, order matters in some cases.
>
> See http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-February/002256.html

I'm definitly for this idea since I've laid down this in the
scripts/?/README-> TODO
And that would for sure solve most of our USB issues...

Just be careful with 1 thing: some system were in transition stage,
having udev available, but running some hotplug hook.
So there might be conflicts or at least a redundancy if both hotplug
and udev rules are installed...

Arnaud