[Nut-upsdev] Belkin F6C100-UNV + newhidups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 22:51:19 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, James Rose <james+nut-upsdev at stubbornroses.com> wrote:
> Note: it was rather tricky to determine what the Belkin vendor ID was.  I
> just tried what someone else used for a different belkin model, and
> plugged it in.  If there is a command that can tell you these things, it
> would be helpful to know (I'm not saying it's not in the docs, but I
> couldn't find it, esp. in man newhidups).

As Peter mentioned, you don't need to specify the vendor ID, only the
product ID (and once your model is supported by the driver, you won't
even have to specify the product ID either).

The two sources of USB device information are 'cat
/proc/bus/usb/devices' and 'lsusb -v' (part of the usbutils package).

--
- Charles Lepple