[Nut-upsdev] Belkin F6C100-UNV + newhidups

James Rose james+nut-upsdev at stubbornroses.com
Sat Feb 17 01:54:39 CET 2007

> newhidups does not use /dev/usb/hiddev*.
>
> You can get this to work by adding this to
> /etc/udev/rules.d/025_nut-usbups.rules:
>
> SYSFS{idVendor}=="050d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0910", MODE="664", GROUP="nut"
>
> and unplugging and replugging the UPS's USB cable.
>
> --
> - Charles Lepple

That did it.  Thanks.

FWIW, Couldn't the deb configuration files just be completely commented
out (much like they are in the docs examples), and placed in /etc/nut?

That would have been helpful in my case.  I was just blindly following
howto's, and if they didn't specifically mention a config file, I didn't
know to create it (nor man it).

An extended see also in the man pages would also be helpful, specifically
referencing: ups.conf, upsd.conf, upsd.users, upsmon.conf, and
upssched.conf in addition to "upsd(8), nutupsdrv(8), upsdrvctl(8)".  I
understand this makes the See Also section a little nuts.

These aren't must haves and I won't be filing any bug reports.  They might
have stopped jerks like me from bugging you guys though =)

Great s/w by the way.  I know for certain that I need batteries now, and
at least you guys know the f6c100 is supported.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

James Rose