[Nut-upsdev] printing device node name (was Re: [Nut-upsuser] nut suddenly stopped working...)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:08:19 CET 2007

On 2/27/07, A.Lizard <alizard at ecis.com> wrote:

> terrarium:/home/alizard#  /usr/local/ups/bin/newhidups -DDD   -a belkin-ups
> Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.0.5-pre2)
>
> debug level is '3'
> Checking device (050D/0551) (002/006)

the '002/006' part is "bus->dirname, dev->filename" in libusb.c.

Does anyone know where to get the directory prefix from libusb (e.g.
/proc/bus/usb, /dev/bus/usb)?

I was thinking that it would be helpful for debugging permission
problems if we could post the complete path to the USB device node.

If not, we could tweak libusb's debug level when the library is
initialized ("usb_path" is a static var that is printed in linux.c in
libusb).

Thoughts?

--
- Charles Lepple