[Nut-upsdev] enumerating UPSes with upsc (was Re: [Nut-upsuser] SNMP/management front-ends)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:10:09 CET 2007

On 1/2/07, Eric A. Hall <ehall at ehsco.com> wrote:
> I can hack up a Cacti PHP script to monitor UPS state via the upsc client
> in the meantime. I'll have to manually enumerate the UPS names associated
> with a host target (is there a way to probe for them with upsc now?), but
> otherwise it ought to be pretty straightforward scripting.

NUT developers,

The NUT protocol suppports enumerating UPSes, but this functionality
is not currently in upsc. Does anyone have any objections to adding a
"-l" option or similar to fetch this list via upsc?

We could also emulate "finger" syntax, and use "upsc @hostname" for to
list UPSes, but that syntax would be more appropriate for listing all
variables from all UPSes (not listing only the names of the UPSes).

--
- Charles Lepple