[Nut-upsdev] Cpsups driver with a CyberPower OP1000E

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 3 08:31:36 CET 2007

> Sorry, still no luck:
> # drivers/powerpanel -a myups -DDD
> Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver 0.10 (2.1.0)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> debug level is '3'
> command:
> reply  : <none>
> command:
> reply  : <none>
> command:
> reply  : <none>
> command:
> reply  : <none>
> command:
> reply  : <none>
> Unable to detect a CyberPower text protocol UPS

It looks like your UPS doesn't reply to the '\r' command in the way we
expect. I'll make some changes to the powerpanel driver, to make the '#2'
reply optional.

> Can you please send me the latest cpsups one you have.

Don't use that one, that was only meant for Doug to help in development of
the new powerpanel driver. It should not have been released under this
name. I 'reused' the cpsups driver name in order to make building the
driver easier (so that I didn't have to modify the Makefiles).

> I am wondering
> whether it has something todo with me using a serial to USB converter, but
> then that stuff should all be standard by now.

That should work, especially since the existing cpsups driver can talk to
your UPS.

Best regards,
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands