[Nut-upsdev] Tripp Lite Smart Pro UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:08:46 CET 2007

On 1/4/07, Dave Chuha <dchuha at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have several Tripplite SU2200RMXL2U and SU3000RM2U
> units that I would like to monitor using Nut.  I have
> tried to attach to the units using a serial cable with
> the tripplite and tripplitesu drivers with no success.
>  The drivers simply seem to not recognize the UPS.

You may need to somehow reset the UPS when switching between the
serial and USB interface.

I don't know the exact procedure, but try shutting the UPS down, and
unplugging it from the wall for a few moments.

The serial tripplite and tripplitesu drivers are not actively
maintained, though we can try to help debug them if you post messages
from the tripplite driver. (The protocol is very similar to what is
sent over USB.)

--
- Charles Lepple