[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r714 - in trunk: . server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 8 15:44:46 CET 2007

>> OK, I have removed the autoconf test for s6_addr32 (which is no longer
>> used), and wrote a new test for IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED. The latter is
>> probably portable,
> should be portable, yes.

Good. That removes one of the problems of the IPv6 patch.

> but keep in mind that there are systems that (purposefully) do not
> support v4 mapped addresses.

That shouldn't be too much of a problem, would it? I may not fully
understand the problem here, but if you only use either IPv4 or IPv6
addresses, the code for IPv4 mapped addresses will not be used anyway. Or
do you mean that we should check for the case that IPv4 access controls
are specified on an IPv6 only system that is not supporting IPv4 mapping?
Looking at the code, the latter would probably mean that no connections
are allowed at all, so no harm is done.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands