[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r714 - in trunk: . server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 10 09:34:47 CET 2007

Henning Brauer wrote:

>>> you might want to either drop v4-mapped traffic on AF_INET6 sockets
>>> entirely (and use AF_INET sockets exlucisvely for v4 traffic, that is
>>> what I'd recommend), or at least check v4 access controls on AF_INET6
>>> traffic for v4-mapped addresses.
>> The latter is what we seem to do know and in the short run, this is
>> probably all we can offer for people in mixed environments.
> I really don't see the point. Just use AF_INET sockets for v4, and
> AF_INET6 for v6 and you're done.

We can't at the moment, as I explained we can have only one socket and
no configuration support for multiple listen addresses. That's my point.
And while I see that we'll need those, this means someone (probably me)
will have to integrate that in the upsd server. That will take at least
a couple of weeks (in spare time), so until that is ready, I suggest to
keep it as it is, so that we can work out other issues with the same code.

Best regards, Arjen