[Nut-upsdev] Makefiles driving me NUTs

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Jan 12 22:10:14 CET 2007

P.S. to my previous message:

Looking at upsclient.c, ideally it should should not even #include
"common.h" (for the reason described below). However, this is
currently necessary because common.h contains #defines that do not
really belong there (SMALLBUF, LARGEBUF), and even some stuff that
definitely does not belong there (include getopt.h, optarg, optind).

Also, error reporting in upsclient.c should be done by returning -1
and setting ups->upserror (and in some cases ups->syserrno), and not
by setting errno as I said.

-- Peter